Ubuntu technical problems and solutions reference, a modern cookbook.
Since Unity uses the Wall plugin, some may want the good old cube with it’s amazing desktop rotation capability back. Here are a few steps on how to achieve this.
1. Install Compiz Config Settings Manager
sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager
2. Open Compiz Config Settings Manager and go to PREFERENCES
3. Select Plugin List Tab
4. Disable Automatic Plugin Sorting and accept the warning that will appear after trying to disable it.
5. From the Disable Plugins List, Enable the following plugins: cube, rotate
6. From the Enable Plugins List, Disable the following plugins: wall
7. Go back from the Preferences to the Main Compiz Menu and select General Options
8. Go to Desktop Size tab and change the Horizontal and Vertical Virtual Size to 4
That’s it. No need to restart or log-out.
Thanks to Luis Alvarado for his answer/solution